Rail-less Revolution: S-5! Solar Installer Training [Smart Energy Council]
This is a Course Specifically for Australia & New Zealand on Thursday, May 27 @ 9:00 am AEST / 11:00 am NZST
S-5!’s Vice President of Research & Development, Dustin Haddock | SolarPartnersNZ Director, Bernie Dombroski
Globally, solar installers experience no end to frustration when installing solar on metal roofs facing a common set of challenges:
1. A large variation in roofing materials, each style differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.
2. Inconsistent fixing methodologies (clip lock and screw fix) and screw spacings.
3. Fixings dictate what you can do on that surface.
4. Screw lines are rarely straight or where you need them to be.
5. Little thought is given to the design and layout of rooftop services in respect to energy harvest area i.e. air-conditioning, vents, skylights and the list goes on.
6. Not one traditional racking manufacturer has all of the solutions.
S-5! PVKIT 2.0 provides an innovative solar mounting solution that addresses these issues. A fraction of the size and weight of traditional rails, S-5! Direct-Attach solutions remove the headaches associated with storing, transporting and cutting rails, reducing your team’s labour and speeding up installations by 35% or more. With S-5!, you can avoid the need for a forklift onsite and look forward to being able to carry 5kW of mounting gear up to the roof in a single carton.
This course unpacks metal roof installations with a brief overview of the various types of metal roofs and their advantages for PV. Cable management techniques are presented in detail, along with other best practices and “how-to’s” for installing rail-less solar systems on metal roofs. Finally, methods for installing various accessories from microinverters to home runs are discussed.
1. How to win more installations on metal roofs by becoming a qualified S-5! installer
2. How to match the right S-5! mounting products according to your roof type
3. The available savings in labour, logistics, freight, time, and space on-site/in your vehicle/in the warehouse
4. The key benefits of S-5! for your customer, and how they set you apart from your competition
5. System design, cable management, module clearance, and earthing compliance in Australia & New Zealand
6. Installation methods for both residential and commercial installations
7. Our best practice tips for a smooth solar installation
8. S-5!’s rigorous testing, certifications and get to know the passionate team behind the brand
9. Metal roofing warranties and how many solar installations unwittingly invalidate them by not using high quality tested and trusted mounting gear