S-5!® PV Kit 2.0 Solar Solutions
The concept of combining PV arrays with standing seam metal roofing is growing—for good reasons. Metal roofs have a life expectancy of more than 40 years. Shouldn’t the mounting system last as long? With S-5! zero-penetration attachment technology and PV Kit 2.0, the solarized metal roof is the most sustainable system available –and without compromising roof warranties! PV Kit 2.0 is the also the best solution for attaching PV modules directly to any exposed fastener metal roof.
S-5! now introduces a new and improved PV Kit, boasting lower installation time and cost for PV flush-mounting. The kit comes preassembled with MidGrab or EdgeGrab for easier and more efficient installation. A single tool drives the top bolt, eliminating several installation steps. The PV Kit 2.0 features more aggressive bonding teeth for better grounding. Fewer lugs/ground wires required.
New from the metal roof experts: The S-5 PV Kit 2.0 is designed to save you time and money —
PV Kit™ Features:
- Preassembled components save time and money
- Versatile: same kit for most module thicknesses
- Only one tool needed for installation
- Installs with module, reducing lay-out time
- All non-corrosive aluminum and stainless steel
- Single-piece EdgeGrab installs with ease
- Added slots for wire tie-off
- Low profile hardware provides flush, clean finish
- Available in black by special order
- 1″ gap between modules, allowing load reduction per ASCE-7
- UL 2703 Listed
(Left) Without the S-5-PV Direct Attachment Solutions, lugs or copper wires are required to bond PV panels within a string of modules.
(Right) Using the S-5-PV Direct Attachment Solutions, wires and lugs are no longer needed from module-to-module, but will still be needed to bond strings together and to ground the system.
Note: The drawings above show an example of continual conductivity; please refer to the engineer for specific job layouts.