AIA: The Science AND the Science Fiction of Snow Retention Devices
S-5!’s Architectural & National Accounts Director, Shelly Higgins
Discover the art and science of snow control on roofs and its effects. Examine the liabilities of improper or no snow retention. Learn how to properly engineer snow guards, minimize hazards and increase safety. Reveal critical considerations when choosing a snow guard system. Review specification techniques to limit liability.
AIA Credit: 1 LU/HSW CEU
- Describe the history and methods of snow control on rooftops.
- Explain the importance of snow retention and the liabilities and hazards to be avoided.
- Calculate the roof’s vector force and how to engineer a snow retention system.
- Explain the various types of snow retention or snow guards, their differences, and the importance of proper product selection.
- Specify snow retention to mitigate liability.