AIA – Metal Roofs: Wind Uplifting or Not?
S-5!’s Architectural & National Accounts Director , Shelly Higgins
Discover the science of wind uplift and how it is changing. Understand how the changes are impacting codes and roof material choices. Learn about testing and specification techniques for metal roof options and accessories to improve wind uplift resistance, providing a safer building at a lower cost.
This course will also address wind uplift in severe weather conditions and how to increase wind uplift resistance to protect both the buildings and its inhabitants. You’ll see examples of hurricane-stricken areas and what builders are doing to minimize damage. Finally, you’ll learn about the associated changes in code.
Credit: 1 LU/HSW CEU credit
- Understand the effects of wind uplift on roofs and the science behind it
- Discover the changes in ASCE 07 and how it creates a safer building
- Understand wind uplift testing and why it is important
- Identify methods, metal roof accessories, and applications to improve metal roof performance in wind uplift situations
- Learn specification techniques and how to properly select and specify wind-rated metal roofs and accessories to value engineer wind control