S-5-PV Direct Attachment Solutions
The concept of combining photovoltaic arrays with standing seam metal roofing is growing—and for good reasons. A standing seam metal roof has a life expectancy consistent with that of framed PV modules.
A 30-year power source on a 40-year roof, along with zero-penetration technology, creates the most sustainable roof system available with alternative power generation, all without compromising the roof manufacturer’s warranty!
- ANSI UL 2703 listed solar module mounting solution, as well as ETL listing UL 1703 grounding/bonding device.
- Groundbreaking new mounting disk: twelve nodes designed to ensure module-to-module conductivity
- Simply anchor the module with the S-5-PV Direct Attachment Solutions (according to the installation instructions) and it automatically provides a ground path within the module frames and through the S-5-PV Direct Attachment Solutions
- No lugs/wire required, except to connect one string of modules to another and to ground the system
- In most cases, this connection detail represents a savings of $6-$12 per unit and is sufficient to pay for the entire S-5-PV Direct Attachment Solutions and clamp setup!
- The stainless steel mounting disk is able to withstand severe conditions and is compatible with the S-5-B Mini for copper roofs